Sunday, August 3, 2008

Family Fun


We had such a great time in Yellowstone over the weekend of the 24th. It had been such a long time since the Anderson's and Petersen's had decended upon Yellowstone together and it was awesome. The only thing that could have been better is if Brett, Chelsea, Greg and Sean had been able to join us.

After the cabin fiasco we ended up staying in a gorgeous cabin right on the golf course at the Island Park Village. So that definitely worked out for the best. We spent a lot of time in the park, shopped in West Yellowstone and explored the Island Park area. Basically we just enjoyed being together and taking in the wildlife and gorgeous scenery. Yellowstone is definitely my most favorite place on earth. It is so beautiful and peaceful there. We owe Grandma and Grandpa Wright so much for starting the tradition of taking us all on family vacations. And my parents for continuing to take us. So many of my fondest memories are of fun times on family vacations.

Tyler went with us and it is the first time he has joined us on a family vacation for a lot of years and it was really nice for all of us to be together. He and Dad took their pontoon boats and went up to a lake in Montana for 2 of the days and had a great time. They didn't actually catch any fish but they had fun and thats all that counts. Dad dropped his glasses in the lake. The glasses I might add that he just bought to replace the ones he lost in the wreck. So this will be his 3rd pair in 6 months.

Basically a fun time was had by all and I got to eat a lot of Peanut Butter Chip ice cream so what could have been better?

3 comments:

Paula said...

Kami, thank you for putting the slide show together. I love it! We had such a great time. I can't wait for our next getaway. Mom

Britney said...

Looks like you had fun. I love Yellowstone too! I loved looking at all the pictures.

Natalie said...

I loved re-living our amazing vacation through your pictures. Best trip ever! Love ya tons!