Thursday, August 14, 2008

Update On Mom


Mom doing her physical therapy

I have been at the hospital all day with my mom and thought I would give some more details about her surgery. I came to the hospital this morning around 9 am. She has been in horrible pain all day. (Using the hospital's pain scale she has been a 7-9) The physical therapist came in twice and they did some excercises to start increasing the mobility of her knee. Mom did really well with those. Tomorrow she will try going on a walk outside of her room. I am not looking forward to it. She has been really weak and dizzy as a result of the blood loss yesterday and is running a low grade fever. We found out today she will probably be going to the Sunshine Terrace Rehabilitation Center for a while when she is released from the hospital. I am sad she won't be home but glad she will be in Logan so we don't have to drive down to Ogden. She seems to have settled in for tonight and I am hoping tomorrow will be a better day. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
Marlee

1 comment:

Britney said...

Paula,
I just wanted to let you know that we're thinking of you and you are in our prayers. We love you and hope that you get feeling better and stronger each day!!
Britney