Sunday, August 3, 2008

Grandpa Farrell

I wanted to let you all know Grandpa Farrell passed away today at 3:10 A.M. He was at his home and Dad and Grandma were with him. Mom and I headed over when Dad called and said he thought it was getting close but we didn't make it in time. He has been going down hill since Monday but we thought we probably had several more days to go. We are grateful that he was able to go relatively quickly and didn't have to suffer. As hard as it is to say goodbye it is also a relief that he doesn't have to be sick anymore. He was diagnosed with prostate cancer a year ago and has been in and out of the hospital and nursing home ever since. At this point it looks like there will be a viewing Tuesday night from 6 to 8 at the Allen-Hall Mortuary and then just a short graveside service Wednesday at the Paradise Cemetary. It seems a little weird to me that we aren't having a funeral, but then I'm not in charge. -Kami

3 comments:

Brett and Chelsea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brett and Chelsea said...

We sure are sorry to hear for your lose. Sometimes as hard as it is to say goodbye, it is better for them to go. Let us know if there is anything that we can do to help - from Alaska.... :) Love you all and miss you. See in you in LESS than 3 weeks.

Britney said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I know he's been sick for awhile but it's still so hard to see our loved ones leave this life. I love you all...you'll be in our prayers.
Britney