I am happy to report that Mom is doing a little bit better. She did have some kind of reaction to the brace they had her knee in and her leg looks absolutely awful. She had this huge open sore on her leg above her knee. It was a horrible green and red color and was oozing stuff out of it. It was not pretty. It has scabbed over now and looks to be doing better since they took the brace off of her. She is now able to get up off the bed and get into the bathroom with a walker. She is going to her physical therapy and doing what she is supposed to. I am proud of her for doing as well as she is. I know it is really painful, but she keeps on going.
The Sunshine Terrace facility is really nice. They had her in a room where the air conditioning wasn't working right for the first couple of days. When I stopped in yesterday afternoon at lunch it was 83 degress in her room. I told them they either needed to fix it or move her to another room. We had been complaining about it for 3 days and it was no longer acceptable. I was very nice about it, and they moved her to a different room right away and it is about 10 degrees cooler. The staff there seemed kind of clueless the first day or two and we had a rough start but they are now much more on the ball and seem to be taking pretty good care of her.
Dad leaves in the morning for Alaska. Mom knew he was going and couldn't change the trip when we scheduled the surgery so she is okay with it. I still think he feels bad that he is leaving her though. We are happy to report that Qwest did come to a contract agreement and so he didn't go on strike Saturday night. It was a very real possibility right up until Monday morning at 2:30 a.m. when they finally settled.
Marijka started high school today and things went well. She didn't have any major problems other than a bus mix up, which caused her and lots of other people to miss the bus home. Luckily Marlee was in the area and was able to swing by and pick her up. Lets hope we are off to a good year.
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love the new background! Looks great! I'm so glad your mom is starting to do better. I think it's great you got her moved to a new room, now can you just get them to get her Internet access? She could definitely get some good blogging in. I can't believe Marijka missed the bus. I talked to her as I was leaving school and she was just waiting for the bus--I should have brought her home with me! I still remember what I was wearing my first day of high school and so many other things about that day. Hopefully she'll have a few good memories of her big day!
Kami,
How are you doing? I can't believe it has been so long. I really can't believe that Marijka is in high school. That makes me feel old. lol
Chat with you soon! Now that I have a link to your blog!
Post a Comment