Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Latest on Mom

I went to a care conference today at the Sunshine Terrace for Mom. It was a little meeting with her physical therapist, nurse, social worker and an administrator to discuss how things are going with her. The therapist said she is a "tough cookie" and is ahead of where she should be on her progress. Everyone else said she is a good patient. Her insurance has approved her to stay there until October 15th. After the meeting she said to me, "You really aren't going to leave me in here until October are you?" I thought it was pretty funny. It looks like she will be able to come home in a couple of weeks.

It is a good thing she has been over there this week because as much as I love her I have been pretty disgusted with her the past few days. Back when I moved into this house and we were painting I said I was going to paint the shelves in the studay and she was determined that they should be stripped and stained. She promised she would do it. Well, 5 months later she never did finish the project (dispite numerous reminders) and once they started being stripped they all had to be finished so they would be smooth. Tyler, Marijka and I have spent numerous hours this week stripping and sanding the cabinets so they could be stained and they looked horrible when we were finished. Marlee thought they were very cool because they resembled a zebra. The wood that was originally used must have been cheap and it was pieced together in the weirdest places. Anyway it was a mess and when it was all said and done we ended up painting them anyway and so far it has taken 4 coats of paint and they need at least 1 more. Love you Mom but no more bright ideas please!!

I am having a baby shower for a friend Thursday night and I owe Jan, Tyler, Marlee and Marijka big time for helping pull the house together so it will be presentable. They are the best sisters and brother, EVER!! It is such a relief to finally have all the boxes unpacked and things put away and organized. My life seems to go much smoother when my house is clean and put together.

Dad is having a great time with Robert and Jon in Alaska. When I spoke with him the other day they were in the middle of the Kenai River. Sure wish I was there!!

1 comment:

kat said...

Please tell Paula hi and let her know that we are praying for her quick recovery. I hope that Sunshine treats her well.