Saturday, August 16, 2008

More On Mom

Mom will be moving to the Sunshine Terrace in Logan tomorrow. They were going to send her today but the doctor decided to keep her one more day. Yesterday was a really bad day. A lot of tears were shed. It is awful to be here and feel so helpless to do anything for her. I came down last night and traded Marlee off so she could go to work last night. Luckily last night and this morning she seem to be doing better. She does okay until she has to get up to go to the bathroom and then that's a major challenge. When she puts her knee down she says it burns really bad. She has informed me she will no longer be drinking anything if it means she has to get up. She has a lovely scar about 8 inches long running down her knee. As Marlee said, "It is ginormous!" Sue, Nat, Em and the girls visited last night and I think Brooklyn and Gracie cheered her up a little. Dad is on his way down to trade me and then Jan, Marlee, Marijka and I are off to do some school shopping for Marijka. She starts at Mtn. Crest this year. I can't believe she is 15 and in high school. Time sure does fly by. -Kami

1 comment:

Charlotte said...

Oh Man!!

Hopefully she'll be able to get a handle on the pain at Sunshine Terrace. I've heard great things about that place.