Monday, December 1, 2008

LDS Journal

I just wanted to let you all know about my new favorite thing. It is called LDS Journal and can be found at www.LDSJournal.com. They are just getting it up and running so for now it is a free service. After they get it perfected there will still be a free version or you can pay a yearly fee of like $40 or something for a more deluxe edition. Eventually their plan is for you to be able to pay to have all your entries printed and bound in a book each year. Which would be awesome in my opinion.

I am a strong believer in keeping a journal and have always handwritten it up until now. I have looked at different journaling programs over the years and this is the first one I really like. The biggest plus for me is that I can write in my journal from anywhere I can get the internet. I don't have to have my laptop with me in order to be able to make an entry. I can also send text messages that are saved as entries and I can make entries using my itouch. There also is an About Me section where you can answer questions to help you get started with writing your personal history.

The blog works great as a journal but if you have ever tried to print your posts you have probably found that they don't come out looking all that great. Plus I have often wondered what would happen to all my posts if blogger suddenly died someday. But with LDS Journal I can copy my posts directly from my blog and just paste them into a journal entry. And you can attach pictures, video, etc. to your entries. I then print them out every so often and put them in a binder. Because from past experience I know technology can and frequently does fail. Anyway I just thought I would share this with those of you who keep a journal. And for those of you who don't I really recommend that you start. -Kami

2 comments:

Paula said...

Kami, I am so proud of you for writing a journal all these years. I should follow your example and try better. I think you are great!
Love you.

Emily M said...

Thank you for the great idea! I need to do better at keeping a journal! I admire people who are good at doing that!