Tuesday, December 9, 2008

I've Been Vandalized!!

So in trying to get into the whole Christmas spirit I have put up outdoor christmas lights and decorations (with Marijka's help). I bought a new "blow up", which is what Brooklyn calls the inflatable christmas decorations, because I knew it would make her so happy. Last night when I got home I noticed it wasn't standing up. So I went over to check out the situation and someone has sliced not 1 but 2, 6" long gashes into my reindeer and tree. I am very ticked off about the situation. I have on order and am expecting any day 3 more lovely inflatables, purchased just for Brooklyn's pleasure. But now I'm not sure I want to put them up. It really annoys me when people feel the need to ruin things that don't belong to them. Especially when it is something that belongs to me :) Dad has done a repair job with some duct tape that worked, but I'm still furious about the situation. Especially since I have a feeling I know who did it, because they caused Tyler trouble when he lived here. My Dad had to eventually go have a talk with one of the parents after a month or two of their mischief. It ticks me off and has ruined the whole spirit of the decorating.

4 comments:

Mindy M. said...

I really do curse people that do such mean things like that!! DANG THEM!! Hopefully they get a big lump of coal for Christmas. You are so funny how you mention the blow-up things for Brooklyn. What a nice cousin!! Hopefully we get to see everyone @ Christmas!

Charlotte said...

Oh man! That's terrible. What a bummer.

We used to have some metal butterflies that would hang in the tree in front of our house every spring and summer. This summer, someone stole them.

They were just metal butterflies, and probably cost about $10 total (we got them as wedding presents), but I brooded over them for about a month before I finally let it go.

It's just such a bad feeling to feel that you can't trust people.

Emily M said...

we are such mad too!! Brooklyn just could not believe that someone would want to ruin your blow-up! It is annoying that people have to be so rude!

Klint said...

Sorry to hear about the vandalizing. Some people are just idiots. Don't let it ruin your holidays. I know you were always good about rolling with the punches. Hope you do have a great Christmas in spite of the idiots. Klint