Thursday, May 1, 2008

Whoops! Didn't See That Car!!!

August 6, 2007, what a day!!! Marlee had been going to Massage School and I would ride down with her some days. She had some tests, so we had gotten us a motel room in Salt Lake for a couple of nights. I had dropped her off at school in Bountiful and Marijka and I headed off to Salt Lake to get the room. We were on 6th West and were turning down the street where the motel was. I didn't see a car coming through the light and turned right in front of it. Marijka yelled Mom! I saw the car, slammed on my brakes, but it was too late. We smashed into the car. The next thing I knew the airbags had exploded, there was smoke everywhere in the car, the dashboard was torn apart, and my foot hurt like crazy. I started crying and asked Marijka if she was ok. She said yes and I had her call the family. The poor girl was so great. She stayed calm and made the phone calls, while I just cried. Luckily, no one was seriously hurt in the other car. It was a mom with three kids. I ended up with a broken foot. They took me to the hospital by ambulance. Marlee got there as they were taking me. I had bruises and cuts from the airbag and seat belt. I looked a mess. Little did I know at the time what my road to recovery would entail.

No comments: