Monday, April 28, 2008

Under Construction

We have had several people ask us if we would start a blog, so we have decided as a family to do it. As we were talking today about where to begin, Jan said we should start with my car accident. Kami said we should start 2 1/2 years ago when Ric had his back surgery and Kami and I were let go from Great Western. It's too much to go backwards so we are just going to move forward from here.

We would like to take this chance to thank everyone that has been so supportive to us over the years and especially these last few weeks, when our life has felt like it has been turned upside down. It is your love, support, concern, prayers, etc. that is getting us through day by day. We have talked several times over the last couple of weeks about what people do who don't live around their family. We feel so grateful that we do have family support and wonderful friends. We have learned that complete strangers will stop and lend support in times of need. We have been so amazed of the kindness shown to us. Our heartfelt thanks goes out to all of you. We love you and don't know what we would do without you all!

4 comments:

Natalie said...

WAHOO!!! Let me just say how incredibly honored I am to be the first to post on your new blog! I'm so glad you guys started a blog. Heck, you never know, some Hollywood film producer might just come across it and decide to make a movie about the last few weeks of your life! I'll be checking your blog often, so you better keep posting! Love ya!

It's a good thing we didn't have blogs when I was in the hospital--we wouldn't have slept at all!!!

Mindy M. said...

I really do love this blog thing!! It is so nice to be able to see what everyone is up to other just seeing each other at Christmas!! I am so thankful that your family is okay after that horrible accident!!!! Keep up the great 'bloggin' :>:>

Emily M said...

I am so glad you guys started a blog. You know we are so far apart and I never get to see you so it will be nice to feel like we are close (hahaha) We are so grateful for all that you guys do for us we love you so much!

Michelle said...

I'm so glad to see that you guys have a blog! I was also very glad to hear that everyone in the accident is okay. You truly are blessed! Love you all!