I was tagged by Natalie quite awhile ago, so here goes. This is about Ric.What is his name? Rickey Farrell Anderson
How long have you been together? Our anniverary is on Sept. 21th and we will have been married 35 years this coming September! Wow! that is a long long time.
How long did you date? We dated 17 months. I insisted we have a 6 month engagement. When I think about it now, I think I must have been crazy.
How old is he? Ric is 55
Who eats more? He definitely eats more.
Who said "I love you first"? I know this is bad, but I have no idea. I seriously don't remember. I am going to have to ask him if he remembers. It was probably him because I used to be very shy.
Who is taller? He is
Who is smarter? He is for sure. Ric is amazing. He can solve anything. He seriously should have been an accountant.
Who does the laundry? We both do. It depends on who runs out of clothes first.
Who does the dishes? We both do. This is funny because last week I had a talk with the whole family about unloading the dishwasher and putting your dishes in it when you get through eating. Ric has completely ignored this and I was telling him today to get with it. He did the dishes today after our "discussion"!
Who pays the bills? Ric does
Who mows the lawn? We are so bad. We have a lawn service come and mow it once a week. It makes for a much happier family.
Who cooks dinner? We all do, except Tyler of course. For some reason, he thinks he is exempt from everything.
Who drives when you are together? Ric does. This is also funny because his mom has always driven his dad around and I have thought it is so weird. I have always told him that I AM NOT going to drive him around.
Who is more stubborn? I used to be, but I think I am mellowing in my old age and Ric is getting tougher. He can be very stubborn now.
Who kissed who first? Ric kissed me first.
Who asked who out first? Ric asked me. In the "old days" the guy always asked the girl out and girls NEVER called boys. I met Ric at a drive-in (where you ordered food and they actually brought it to the car.) I was with my friend and her boyfriend (who was friends with Ric). Ric pulled up next to us in his car and talked with my friend's boyfriend. We were introduced and I just enjoyed sitting there and watching him talk. I remember looking into his big brown eyes and his cute smile and he had me. The next night we went on a big group date with about 6 couples. Ric's date was the sister of the guy I was with. I felt bad for my date and Ric's because him and I had a better time with each other than we did with our dates. We laughed and talked and had a great time. He asked me out the next week.
Who proposed? He did. We went for a jeep ride up the canyon. We were on the top of the mountain looking out over Cache Valley. He asked for his ring back and asked me to marry him and gave me my engagement ring.
Who has more siblings? I do. I have 2 brothers and 1 sister. He has just one brother. I remember the first Christmas we were dating. He came over to my house and all of Aunt Venice's family and all of mine were there. It was a mad house. I think Ric must have been in shock. Then we went to his house and there was his mom, dad, brother and Grandma. I about went into shock. It was so quiet and kind of boring. AND we ended up exchanging our gifts to each other in front of his family. I was so embarrassed because I gave him a picture of myself. He was so touched, he almost started crying.
Who wears the pants in the family? When we were first married, I probably did. I was quite a spoiled brat! I think Ric does now about most things. Though, we both do pretty much what we want.
I am so blessed to have found Ric. He has always treated me wonderful! I couldn't ask for a better husband. He spoils me. My mom always told Susan and I how lucky we were to find such great husbands and I agree.

1 comment:
I loved reading this post about Rickey! He's a great man and a blessing to us all!
Post a Comment