Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kami's Idaho Falls Weekend Escape

Click to play The Larsen Family
Create your own photobook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox photobook

I spent last weekend in Idaho Falls with my friends Britney and Brandon Larsen and their 4 beautiful daughters. I met Britney before she had any children. So it blows my mind that August is 6 years old and is in Kindergarten and taking dance lessons now. Addison is 3 and is also taking dance lessons. Aiden and Avery are twins. They are 9 months old and are crawling, mobile, and getting more teeth.

I want to take a minute and tell you what amazing parents Britney and Brandon are. I have know Brit and Brandon since before they had any children. As each child has been born I have always thought "Wow, they are good parents." But I have to tell you after just spending the weekend watching them with their 4 daughters I have to tell you that "They are amazing parents". Even with the full time job it is chasing the twins around, more than once I saw both Britney and Brandon take a minute or two to pull the older 2 girls in for a hug and whisper to them that they are loved and appreciated. Whether it is getting the kids all into the car to go somewhere, getting them ready for bed or dressing them for church there was a plan already determined on how we were going to accomplish the task and Brit and Bran work as a team and it is amazing what they accomplish. Kids get bathed and in bed on time. We got where we needed to go on time and we were even 5 minutes early for church and it started at 9 a.m. I was impressed. It was so fun to see the twins different personalities and get to know them as the individual little girls they are. It was so much fun for me.

I sure hope when the time comes that I am able to have as great a marriage and be able to raise my children even half as well as the example I was shown this weekend by Britney and Brandon.

Thanks for the hospitality you showed me this weekend and I hope you will let me come back soon. I was even able to tell the twins apart after the first hour or two. How I was able to do that will be my little secret. To give you a hint: I'll have to find a new way to do it next time because scratches heal.

Thanks for a great weekend!!

3 comments:

kat said...

What a fun trip. I can't believe how much those girls have grown. Way to go Brandon and Britney!

Britney said...

Aww shucks Kam, you're TOO KIND! Thanks for the visit! It was so good seeing you and catching up. You were a big help with the girls, we didn't feel so outnumbered. Love you and see you soon. Hopefully we'll come for a visit around Thansgiving. Juniper Takeout here we come!
Brit

Paula said...

Kami, I am so jealous. I wanted to go too, but I wasn't invited. JK! The girls are so cute. I can't believe it has been 2 years since I have seen Britney, Brandon and the girls. That is completely unacceptable!