Monday, June 16, 2008

Happy Father's Day!











I wanted to take a minute and thank Ric for the wonderful father he is to our children. He is such a hard worker and loves our family. Our children are very lucky to have him as their father. I have watched him go to work when he has been in so much pain he shouldn't even be out of bed. He overcame his addiction to morphine in two weeks so he could have the surgery on his back. He went through hell, but came out better for it all. He can fix anything. If you lock your keys in your car, Ric is the man you hope you have around. I haven't seen a car yet, he can't get into. He would sacrifice anything for his family. He is also a wonderful husband. He always makes me feel special and loved. Thank you Ric for all you do for us. I love you!

Another wonderful man in my life was my dad. He was so good to me and my family. I miss him so much. On every birthday he would bring home a special birthday cake for me. He would stop by my house every day and visit me and the kids. I babysat in my home and he would be able to see Emily, Natalie, Brett, Tara and Ashleigh, along with my kids. He would put them on his lap and read them a story. If I was sick, he would always check in and make sure I was doing ok. Thank you Dad! I love you and miss you every day!



I would also like to thank Ric's dad. He is a good man. He raised Ric to be a hard worker. He loves his family. His health has been bad these last few years and he has had to suffer through a lot of sickness. I want him to know that we love him and appreciate all he does for our family.



There are several other men out there who have touched my life. Roy Lynam has become a very special man in my life. When I talked to him today, we decided he needed a daughter and I needed a dad right now in this time of our lives and so we are going to be there for each other. I love our visits several times a week and look forward to the times we can go to St. George and spend with him. If I ever am feeling down, all I have to do is call Roy and he will make me feel like I am the most wonderful person in the world. He is a such a humble, gentle man. I am so grateful that our paths crossed. Thank you Roy for being in my life! I love you!



I would also like to mention Craig, Susan's husband. He is so good to all of us. He is going through a very painful time right now with his back, but he keeps going as if nothing is wrong. He is always the first one to offer help when you need it. He is always concerned with how things are going in your life and checking up on us all. Thank you Craig for your love and support. I love you!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

I loved this post! All of these men have touched my life and I'm so grateful for all of them. I have to admit that Rickey has saved me from being locked out of my car many times. Happy Father's Day!

Kami Anderson said...

I couldn't agree more. I love all of these men and appreciate the support they have all give me. Each of them have a special place in my heart.

Emily M said...

What a sweet post! we are so lucky to have such wonderful men in our lives. I couldn't ask for a better second dad than Ric. What a great guy!