We all congregated at the Wellsville cemetery on Sunday evening to decorate the graves. Grandma Ila has taught us well and she would be so proud. Mom and Susan made sure they were arranged just right. I'm sure it was one of the prettiest displays in the whole cemetery. Stephen came along with a flower for Grandma's grave and ended up getting a little genealogy lesson from Susan. We then caravaned to the Paradise Cemetery to put flowers on Grandpa Farrell's grave and Hyrum to do the ones there. Grandpa Farrell's marker has been installed and it is really nice. Grandma, Dad and Jon did a good job picking it out.
Grandma would have loved seeing Gracie and Garrett run around and play together. They would have brought her so much joy. I wish she could be here to enjoy them with us.We took the trailer up Mantua canyon and camped over the weekend. We got rained on but it was still nice to get away. Brooklyn stayed with us Friday night and had a great time. Grandma Pauline joined us for a night as well. It turned out to be a not so restful weekend for Dad. He had to go buy new batteries on Saturday afternoon because the others wouldn't hold a charge. Then Saturday night the plumbing went haywire and he spent several hours finding the clog and getting it cleaned out. This entailed another trip to the store for a part. He didn't seem too happy about the situation. I just kept my mouth shut, handed him tools and cooked him a steak. It seemed like the wise thing to do.
The dogs and Brooklyn all came home filthy. Lilly is such a girl dog. She hated the dirt and wouldn't walk on the gravel because it hurt her feet. She also hates the feel of grass. If I cut across the lawn from Mom's to my house she will go over and walk home along the rock path. The funny thing is she had no problem with the snow this winter. Shes a funny dog and has a few quirks.


1 comment:
What a fun weekend! I'm glad you guys had fun camping and bummed it was pouring so we didn't make it up. The cemeteries were delightful as always. I think Grandma would be proud!
I love your scrapbook pages!
Post a Comment