Thursday, April 9, 2009

A Comedy of Errors

We left the RV Park today around noon and went for a drive and to get some lunch. We had a peaceful morning and the place was practically deserted when we left. There were only a few people on the beach. When we came back a few hours later it was to this:

There are people everywhere. We are surrounded and we are definitely the minority. It is a holiday week down here and the kids have been out of school and it looks like they are descending upon the beach for the weekend. It has been like watching a circus combined with a comedy of errors. One group tried to put up a tent for over an hour before giving up and packing it back up. There aren't to be fireworks but they have been going off for quite some time now and they aren't pretty just noisy. Some guys got a boat on a trailer stuck on the beach (which there aren't to be vehicles on the beach) and it took them several hours, 2 trucks and a jeep to get it back up on the road. Dad got a big kick out of watching it and I suspect he could have gotten it out for them in no time, but he was enjoying watching the show too much to help them out. I don't know how we got by the rest of the week without all of this for entertainment.


While all of this was happening a trailer pulled in about 4 spots down and out came a mariachi band. They have now been standing around in a circle playing non-stop for 3 1/2 hours. You would think they would get tired and take a break but nope. We did get to see Grandma Pauline do a little dancing on the beach and she is quite good. I have a feeling it is going to be a long night. Here are a few more pictures of our trip:

Sign where we ate lunch today

Janalee on the beach

Buying souvenirs

Drinking Pina Colada's

Making S'mores


Sitting at the Plaza


Dad & Grandma - Whale Museum

2 comments:

JERI VANN said...

awww.. you took grandma with you?? i bet shes having a blast!!

Natalie said...

I laughed out loud when I saw the "Lower your standards" sign and I am still laughing. Maybe it's just late and I'm tired, but that totally cracks me up.

Derk was looking at the pics and said, "Ric looks like a frickin lobster. I'm glad they're having fun, though." Can't wait to see you!