Thursday, July 10, 2008

Happy 4th of July

We had a great 4th of July. The girls in the family went over to the cabin the weekend of the 27th and were joined by Sue & Craig and Emily and her girls on Saturday. We had a fun time doing a lot of nothing but relaxing. Marlee and I came home Sunday night so we could go to work on Monday, but everyone else stayed up through the week. Mom, Jan and Marijka did make a quick trip home Wednesday night so Jan could go to the doctor Thursday morning. We went to the fireworks in Hyrum Wednesday night and they put on a spectacular show. From what I understand, Jan's doctors appt went well. Things are looking good for her. Her levels are at a good point. Early next year they will do a test and some kind of scan and if her levels are still good then at that point she will be in remission and there will be a 98% chance that she won't have the cancer ever come back.

Thursday night we stayed in Logan long enough to see the fireworks display and then headed up to the cabin. Our whole family was together on the 4th (including the 3 dogs) and it was a fun day. I bought everyone t-shirts with flags on them so we could get a family picture but Tyler refused to cooperate by changing his shirt so it didn't happen. Men!! We took the new trailer over, mainly so we would have somewhere to keep the dogs since we don't like them in the cabin. Tyler, Marijka, Marlee and I slept out there and we feel it is quite an upgrade from the one we wrecked. It is much more roomy. A 5th wheel with slide-outs is definitely the way to go. Dad also found him a new truck so we are back in business. I realized I didn't get a picture of either the truck or trailer so I will have to get one and post it.

Dad and Marijka went for a ride in the jeep and when they came back Marijka was driving and I understand it went quite well. Does anyone besides me have a really hard time believing that Marijka is already 15??

Marlee got a new job at the Uintah Academy, which is a behavioral school here in Wellsville for girls with problems. She works nights and had to come home and work Saturday and Sunday. She is one of the night supervisors and makes sure the girls behave themselves and stay in their beds where they belong.

Tomorrow is my last day at The Sofa Source and I have mixed feelings about it. I love the guys I work with. They are a lot of fun and I'm going to miss them. I'm still going to go in a couple of nights a week and do the bookkeeping and payroll but they will have already gone home by the time I get there. This week I have worked the morning there and the afternoons at the School District. I have met some great people already and I really think that this job change is going to be really good for me. It's amazing how everything just fell together for it. It's not everyday that you get offered a job that you didn't even apply for. Another benefit of my new job is that I'm only a mile or so away from where Grandma & Grandpa Anderson moved. Grandma had knee surgery this week and I've been able to drop in after work the last few days and check on things and it's much more convenient.

Well that's our past couple of weeks in review. Mom, Dad, Jan and Marijka are in St. George for the weekend visiting the Twiggs family and Roy so maybe they will have something new and exciting to report when they get home. When I talked to them a few hours ago they were almost to the spot where the accident happened. There was a news report this weekend that a truck pulling a boat had rolled in Emery County and 3 people were killed. It just brought home to me how incredible blessed we are.

Dad did visit the doctor on the way through Ogden and got the results of his MRI. He has 2 cysts in his hand and will be having them removed on September 14th after he returns from Alaska (where he will be visiting Uncle Robert for some fishing and relaxation with his brother Jon). Mom is scheduled for surgery to have her knee replaced on August 13th so the next few months should be just about normal for the Anderson family. It's one thing after another (always). Stay tuned!!

1 comment:

Mindy M. said...

Love ALL the pictures!! Rick & Susan have the best poses!! Sounds like the family had a great time @ Bear Lake and everything went well. Sorry to hear there's more operations soon. Hopefully they're sucessful and all will be well!! Hey, are we going to see everyone this coming week @ Mike & Dove's? Hope so!!