Wednesday, July 16, 2008

7 Random Things About Kami

I was tagged by Natalie and have to come up with 7 random things about me.

#1 - I was hit in the head with an iron when I was 15 and it lead to a tumor being discovered on the left side of my face. I was vacumming under my dresser and hit it causing the iron to fall and hit me in the head. Apparently it had been growing inwards for some time and the force of the blow caused it start growing outwards causing a lump to grow. There is still some numbness on my face as a result of the surgery.

#2 - I was visited in a hotel room in Billings, MT by something my family refers to as "George". I was laying in bed asleep in the early morning when I was awoken by someone laying down behind me and putting their arm across my waist. I jumped up off the bed and turned around and there was no one there. Needless to say I checked out of the hotel immediately.

#3 - I have my concealed weapons permit and own a handgun.

#4 - I survived a car accident where the truck rolled 3 times. I still have nasty scars on my knees and the left one is still numb to the touch and it hurts a little to climb up and down the stairs. Other than that I am as good as new. I have also had 11 different cars in the 16 years I have been driving and wrecked 3 of them (not counting the truck accident).

#5 - I read really fast. I can read a 350 page novel in around 3 hours. I usually take a book with me everywhere I go. I don't like to just sit. This came in handy while I sat at the social security place for 2 1/2 hours today waiting to order a replacement card (which took approximately 1 minute once I got in). Luckily I had put a new book in my purse this morning.

#6 - My birthday is on 9-11. It was quite a birthday that year. I still remember all of us sitting around watching the news coverage on the TV that night. There wasn't much celebrating.

And finally #7 - I am a certified playground safety inspector and a certified playground installer. As you can imagine this has really come in handy the last 2 years as I have worked in the furniture manufacturing business.

Thanks to Mom and Emily for helping me come up with some of these things. I sure appreciate the help. I now tag Marlee and Janalee since they think they don't have to do it because they haven't ever written on our blog.

-Kami

4 comments:

Charlotte said...

I had NO IDEA about the handgun!

Isn't the Social Security line amazing? I had to get a new one too about a year ago, and my experience was almost exactly the same as yours. Fortunately I had a Sudoku book in my car that I was able to work on while I waited.

Natalie said...

Thanks for sharing yourself with us. I loved reading this. You are such a special and wonderful person. I love you and am proud to be your favorite cousin!

Britney said...

Kami Lou!
That was fun learning some new things about you. You're awesome and I want to be just like you when I growup! :)
Brit

Anonymous said...

brandon &amp britney? What's up with that? Sorry...I'm experiencing technical difficulties! I need you!