Dad came home yesterday from Alaska. It was only 2 weeks but it seemed like he was gone forever. On the plus side we now have a freezer full of salmon. I'm glad that he had a good time and was able to have some time to relax.
Janalee and I spent the weekend cleaning Mom and Dad's house. We filled the entire back of the truck with garbage. It is so much easier to get rid of stuff when they aren't around to object to it. Of course in a week or two they will be looking for something we probably got rid of. But that's the sacrifice they will have to make for a clean house. Jan and I have vowed this is the last time we are doing this. The pattern is that they make it a mess and then finally Jan and I step in and clean it up.
To everyone's dismay I adopted a dog on Thursday night. It wasn't a decision I made lightly or on the spur of the moment. It's something I have been considering for months. I figured if I ignored the thought then the desire would go away. But it hasn't and when I saw the ad for this one I had to check her out. I did not want a puppy and she is a 5 year old black and white Shitzu. Her name is Lilly and she is really cute. She is between Teddy and Benji in size. So far they are all getting along. This weekend I ended up with all 3 of them sleeping with me. It makes for an interesting nights sleep. Of course now that Dad is home Teddy and Benji threw us over for them. I thought maybe Marijka would move back home too but she is still camped out on my couch. Which is fine, she can stay as long as she wants.
Tyler's old boss at Miller Autobody asked him if he wanted to come back and work for him until he goes to Colorado in November. So he is working there for the next couple of months. He is taking an accounting class right now that is causing him lots of stress. I tried to explain to him that I deal with accounting everyday and I could probably help him out, but he hasn't asked for any help. He is trying to find a home for Boxer his boxer/lab, but hasn't had any luck so if you know of anyone wanting a free dog please let them know about him.
Marlee and Dad brought Mom home for visit tonight. She was able to get up the front stairs and was glad to be home even for just a little while. Hopefully we will get her home for good soon.
Monday, September 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The house looks really good by-the-way! You are welcome at my house any time to clean! :)
Post a Comment