Last week Marijka was in her high school's musical. They performed Bye Bye Birdie and she played the part of Mrs. Merkle (hope I got that right). She did an excellent job and the play was really fun to watch. She hasn't been feeling well and I'm proud of her for making it through all the practices and performances. Marijka is very talented and I was quite impressed with her abilities. I can't believe she is 16 years old already. Where did the years ago? It seems like yesterday that she was 4 and I was fixing her scrambled eggs for breakfast every morning before I left for my classes. She is such a blessing in my life and everyone elses as well. I know if I need help with something all I have to do is ask and she will help me out. I owe her more than I will probably ever be able to repay. I know I give her a bad time, but I love her and am grateful she is a part of our family.
I was going to say things have been uneventful in our family lately, but then I realized in the past 5 weeks we did the Halloween thing, moved Janalee, Kyle had surgery, and Marijka had her play so it wasn't completely uneventful. Janalee is buying a townhouse in Nibley and it won't be finished until March so she is living back home with the rest of the family. Her, Tyler, and Tyler's dog Boxer are sharing the basement. I'm sure it is a lot of fun for all of them. I do have to say that Mom and Dad's house hasn't been this clean and organized in a long time. It looks great and if you know Janalee at all then you know why that is.
Kyle and I are spending Thanksgiving in Salt Lake with his family. Mom is having a little bit of a hard time with the idea that she won't have her whole family with her for the holiday, but for the most part she is handling it well. I'm sure we will all survive and have a great day. I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I couldn't be more grateful for my family and all the many other blessings I am blessed with each day. Happy Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:
Blame your mom's lack of blogging on me and Emily. She happens to be the world's best babysitter and our kids can't get enough of her, so she's been busy! (Not to mention all the "projects" Jan has made her do!)
Marijka's play really was fabulous. I honestly have to say it far-surpassed my expectations. Marijka looked so cute and really did such a great job. I was so proud of her!!!
I was going to say exactly what nat said about your mom not getting a post done! I am sure thankful to have her close by to always happily and willingly help me out with my gals- they love her so much as do I!
Marijka was so cute in her play- I was glad I was able to go and see this one! not having your family all together is just part of being married- it will start to get easier!
Post a Comment