You may have noticed it has been a while since the last post. This is due to the fact that I am not the one who started this blog but it seems that it has become my responsibility to keep it up to date. So I have been waiting for someone else in the family to step up to the plate (for almost 3 weeks) and post something. I am sad to report that my family has let me down. I am greatly disappointed in all of them.
Anyway to catch you up we spent UEA in Park City with the girls. The pictures from that trip are on Mom's camera and I thought she was going to do a post about it. So maybe you will get lucky and she will follow through on that.
I spent some time up at the Petersen's Deer Camp last week. I have been going to deer camp since I was a little girl. There has been a year or two I have only been able to go for dinner but I try to get up there at least for a few hours every year. It has been at least 10 years (probably longer) since I have been able to spend the day and go for a horse ride. It was so much fun and I had forgotten how much I enjoy it. It was even worth the pain in my knees and everywhere else that I suffered for the next few days.
The horse Dad was riding had a major attitude problem and the two of them had some issues seeing eye to eye and which way they were going to go. This resulted in my ending up on the top of the South Face with 2 guys who knew less about the area than I did. Dad was no where in sight and he had the radio. We knew where we needed to end up but we just weren't sure which was the best way to get there. We ended up riding down through a rock slide. We eventually met up with Bruce and made it back to camp a little sooner than if we would have had to get there on our own. But we would have made it (eventually).
It is so peaceful up there and I really had a great time. The men treated me well and fed me several feasts fit for a Queen. It was a great get away and I really needed it. Thanks for the wonderful hospitality!! -Kami
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Now that is what you call Deer hunting!! I would even go up to camp if it were like that! Are you sure they deer hunt or are they meeting women up there with the shower and cafeteria and all!! HEE HEE! Rod is always begging me to go deer hunting with him, but I would rather have all my teeth pulled with no meds before I did that. I'm an awful wife!! Have fun men!!
It really is nice up there. Your got some really good pictures- I want to get some from you! I still can't believe you went down the rock slide! Go Tami!
HA! I loved Em's "Tami" comment. That cracked me up. Deer Camp really is the best. I am so glad we were all up there together! It was so fun chatting with you. You are an amazing person and I am so proud of you!
Post a Comment