Thursday, May 5, 2011

Relay for Life


My Reason to Relay

I will never forget where I was and what I was doing when I heard the words, "Janalee just got her test results back and she has cancer." I was sitting at Burger King having lunch with the BK group. Susan got a call from the school that Janalee had just heard from the doctor and we needed to come. I was devestated. I burst into tears and jumped up and headed out the door. Susan stopped me and said, "You have to pull yourself together before we get to the school." It was one of the hardest things I have ever done to put on a brave face and go into the school and be strong for Jan when my heart was breaking. Thoughts were running wildly though my mind. How could this be happening? Why Janalee? What are we going to do? It was the most helpless feeling I have ever had. My daughter had cancer and was suffering and in pain and there wasn't anything I could do. Today Janalee is cancer-free after a long hard fight. There were days when she was so sick, I honestly didn't know if she was going to make it, but we never gave up. We have lost several loved ones to cancer, Aunt Venice, Grandpa Farrell, Claude, Vone, etc. I miss them. I am thankful for our survivors, Janalee, Karen and Bruce. I will fight this dreadful disease as long as I live! Together we can make a difference. Thank you all for your love and support! We are getting closer every day to finding a cure. I will continue to fight back until that day comes. I will never give up. Please join me by making a donation. Anything you can give will be appreciated.

The American Cancer Society Relay For Life is more than just an event to me. It is my personal opportunity to help save lives from cancer by supporting the American Cancer Society.  It's amazing to think that millions of people will be diagnosed with cancer this year. Somebody close to us may be one of them. But, by taking part in Relay, I am helping the American Cancer Society save lives by:


Helping people stay well by helping them take steps to prevent cancer or detect it early, when it's most treatable.  Helping people get well by being in their corner around the clock to guide them through every step of their cancer experience.  Finding cures by funding groundbreaking research that helps us understand cancer?s causes, determine how best to prevent it and discover new ways to cure it.  Fighting back by working with lawmakers to pass laws to defeat cancer and rally communities worldwide to join the fight

Please support my efforts by making a donation or by joining my Relay For Life team. Together, we have the power to help create a world where cancer can no longer claim another year of anyone's life.

http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11GW?px=16934062&pg=personal&fr_id=30492

No comments: