
Ask anyone "Where were you on September 11?" and they will be able to tell you. It was a day none of us will ever forget. On September 11, 2001 I was getting ready for school and watching the Today show. I was watching when the second plane hit the Twin Towers. At first I didn't realize what was going on but then Kami called me and told me to go tell my mom we were under attack.
It was a very scary and confusing day. Most of it was spent in front of the TV watching all the news coverage. It was horrible! Seeing people jumping out of buildings is something I will never forget. The nation was in a panic as the Pentagon was hit next and then another plane went down. Flight 93 was a plane full of heroes. How horrible it must have been to know that you were about to die. What bravery it took to sacrifice their lives so the terrorists wouldn't win. I will always have such respect and gratitude for those brave souls.
There are so many heroes from that day. The policemen and firemen who rushed into the chaos when everyone else was rushing out, the bystanders who saw what was happening and helped the injured get help, and the many people who couldn't make it out of the buildings. I hope we will always remember them.
I love to listen to the tribute songs the radio plays today. They are always so touching and make me cry. People went through unimaginable horror on that day and I hope we will all take a moment out of our busy day today to remember those who lost their lives. Maybe we could all say a little prayer for those who are in our armed forces and are risking their lives to protect us from having to live through a tragedy like that again.

No comments:
Post a Comment