We had the opportunity to participate in the Relay for Life this weekend. It was held at USU. Last year at the time of the relay Janalee was recovering from thyroid cancer. Janalee had a hard fight but this year she is cancer free and we feel so grateful. We lost Vone and Claude to cancer and that is what got our family involved in the Relay for Life. This year was special for our team because we have a survivor. In the Opening Ceremony they had the survivors go to one end of the sidewalk and the caregivers go to the other end. The two groups started walking towards each other, they met in the middle and joined together and walked up the sidewalk side by side. We sent Natalie to represent us as the caregiver. As we watched Jan and Nat meet and walk together it was very emotional for us. I don't think any of us were expecting the emotion that overcame us. I feel so grateful that Janalee is doing so well. I am proud of her and proud to be a part of the ABCP Team fighting against cancer. Together we can make a difference! Thank you Natalie, Chad and everyone else who worked so hard to make this such a success for our team.
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |


3 comments:
What a nice slideshow! I'll have to steal some of your pics. It was such a wonderful weekend and a great celebration of life. Thanks for letting me be Jan's caregiver--it was an honor! :)
Thanks for doing a blog post Mom. It really was a very neat weekend. I'm glad we all got to participate in this.
The people next to you with the little boy named Mason..his mom was the choreographer for High School Musical..the one I was in!!! I'm so glad that Jan is cancer free! What a great blessing that is! Next year I wanna participate!
Post a Comment